International Institute of Tropical Agriculture recruits ICT Support Technician.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Support Technician
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout installation and ensuring proper functioning of voice network (IP PBX);
- Constantly monitor the internet system operation to detect potential problems;
- Assist in installing, upgrading and maintain all LAN items, support LANs & WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems;
- Assist in maintaining system efficiency and ensure design of system and allow all its components to work properly;
- Configure and install system and set up new users;
- Setup projectors, printers, photocopiers, digital cameras, etc for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings;
- Troubleshoot technical problems with mobile subscription and IP phone;
- Ensure satellite phone are working and SIM cards are activated at all times;
- Ensure good asset management of ICT equipment’s at the offices and update asset register and inventory tracking system with the Logistics and Administrative Officers;
- setup/configure new user E-mail;
- Install antivirus and maintain its upgrade with staff;
- Ensure availability of LAN for all offices, determine platform, interface and bandwidth needs;
- Assist in installing and troubleshooting all hardware problems following designs or installation specification and resolve IT issues for staff remotely and on Mac, Windows and Linux OS;
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposal of ICT equipment;
- Make recommendations for future upgrades of network systems, equipment/gadget;
- Assist in maintaining network management platform and ensure Lan security integrity and system security ensuring frequent software updates, antivirus update and patches;
- Administer servers, desktop and laptop computer, printer, routers, switches, firewall, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment;
- Assist in training staff on new software and application when necessary;
- Provide activity/progress report to Station Manager on all aspect of ICT operations;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma in Computer Science or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to troubleshoot ICT equipment problems and repair accordingly.
- Considerable knowledge of networking.
- Good knowledge of software installation and maintenance.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.