The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs from all around the world with support to transform their ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. Ventures may be for-profit, hybrid, or undecided, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change. (Note: This may include business ideas in agriculture, sustainable energy, or sustainable development.) Ventures structured as ‘non-profit’ will only be considered if they have a product or service they are selling. Partnerships (ventures co-founded and led by two individuals) are eligible. Selected entrepreneurs will receive a $10 thousand stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the residency phase, mentorship, one-on-one coaching, and 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (post-residency). Applications are accepted until 04 April 2019.
The application for the Halcyon Incubator Fall 2019 Fellowship closes soon! Please click here to start your application today! Applications must be completed by April 4, 2019 at 5PM EDT.
The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures and change the world.
Fellows accepted into the program will have access to the following resources:
Residency, Business and Living Expenses – The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture by providing:
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (Post-Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase
Strategic Venture Resources – The Halcyon Incubator has partnered with some of the leading firms in the community to advise and directly support the fellows’ ventures. During the course of the program, fellows receive more than 1,000 hours (in aggregate) of:
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice through Arnold and Porter
- Technical advice and hosting credits through Amazon Web Services
- One-on-one executive coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
World-Class Network of Mentors and Advisors – The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around the fellows by bringing together a robust network of seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the Residency Phase.
- Select dinners and events engage fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
Critical Audiences – The program helps fellows gain exposure for their ventures to support their long-term sustainability. The Halcyon Incubator provides fellows:
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
- Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
Do you want to learn more about the application process? Please review Halcyon Incubator’s Eligibilityand Selection Criteria and Process. For additional questions, please contact the Halcyon Incubator team at email@example.com.