UNLEASH is a global initiative aiming to create the world’s largest innovation lab for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Every year leading up to 2030, UNLEASH will gather 1,000 of the world’s brightest young talents to problem-solve, innovate and collaborate in teams to develop new solutions to global challenges.
In less than two years, UNLEASH has gathered 2,000 talents from 143 countries, developed 370 tangible solutions to the SDGs, partnered with +300 organisations, and been recognised as one of the world’s most influential sustainability brands.
The next UNLEASH Innovation Lab will take place in Shenzhen, China between Wednesday, November 6 through Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
What will happen at UNLEASH 2019?
- Kick-off and welcome to Shenzhen: Wednesday, November 6 – Talents are introduced to the city of Shenzhen, the Sustainable Development Goals, and each other.
- SDG Innovation Lab: Thursday, 7- Monday, 11 November – Talents convene around core SDG themes to co-create and generate tangible solutions to global challenges.
- Culmination and UNLEASH Awards Show: Tuesday 12 – Wednesday, November 13 – UNLEASH culminates with massive collaboration activities and final award show. The best solutions will be given awards and some of the most influential people in the world will speak about the importance of the 2030 Agenda.
UNLEASH covers all expenses for travel, accommodation, curriculum and activities and provides participants with a new toolset for how to innovate, create impact at scale and collaborate with experts, mentors and facilitators from all over the world.
UNLEASH talents are selected based on an assessment of five criteria:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving the world’s pressing challenges
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions
- Approximately 20-35 years of age.
As such, applicants will not qualify for UNLEASH if they have a specific idea for a solution to the SDGs that they are intending on pursuing further, and are unwilling to work on a completely new idea or to challenge their existing idea significantly.
Interested applicants can create an account online on or before Thursday, April 18, 2019.