ONE in Nigeria is seeking applications for the 4th cohort of its ONE Champions Program will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders between 18-35 years of age who will champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal level in Nigeria.
Become a 2019 ONE Champion in Nigeria
ONE champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
This is a fantastic opportunity to impact their community, country and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven ONE members in an incredible, supportive environment. Champions will receive training on how to campaign, pressure decision-makers and engage the media. Applicants will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put their skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
ONE Champions will have:
- A passion for their mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
- Only applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 35 will be considered
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit